Kasey & Ivy
(Orca Book Publishers, 2018)
* Bank Street College of Education Best Books of the Year 2018
* Red Cedar Award (BC) 2019/20 nominee
* Ontario Library Association Best Bets Honourable Mention 2019
* CCBC Best Books selection 2018
* SCBWI Official Reading List 2018
When 12 year-old Kasey has to spend a month of summer vacation in the hospital she writes 26 desperate, funny letters to her friend, Nina, chronicling her observations of life in the geriatric ward.
Quill & Quire "Age-appropriate and emotionally satisfying [it] pulls readers in with its refreshingly original, affecting storyline."
Booklist "The well-paced narrative has lovely, intimate moments ... a journey worth experiencing."
School Library Journal "a realistic fiction novel that will appeal to many. Kasey's wit and liveliness come to life through her letters…Recommended."
Kirkus Reviews "Kasey's observational humor and snarky attitude will have readers chuckling…A surprisingly funny look at a subject readers may think is anything but."